- The outdoor ethics guide helps the troop plan and conduct an outdoor program that emphasizes effectively practicing the principles of outdoor ethics.
- The guide works to help Scouts improve their outdoor ethics decision-making skills to minimize impacts as they participate in outdoor activities.
- He supports Scouts who are working to complete the relevant requirements for the Tenderfoot, Second Class and First Class ranks.
— (Boy Scout Handbook, 13th Edition, p 423)
There is no required training for the Outdoor Ethics Guide position, but the following trainings and resources are recommended:
- Outdoor Ethics Orientation
- Leave No Trace 101
- Leave No Trace Trainer
- Your Council’s Outdoor Ethics Advocate
- Resources from the Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics
- Resources from Tread Lightly!
- “Leave No Trace In the Outdoors”